No Nonsense Nutrition's podcast Our aim is to make fat loss, weight gain, increasing muscle mass and getting shredded as easy to understand and follow as possible.
- Ep.178 Are you even Aufentic bro?by No Nonsense Nutrition on November 30, 2020 at 12:00 am
This week saw us have another amazing guest in @coachamyramz where we talked about her journey into the fitness industry, being your 'authentic self', and indulgence of social media... Plus mile high or not to mile high and more :-O Check out Amy's own podcast with friend Andy 'Not another fitness podcast' on all platforms Enjoy!
- Ep.177 Jonny's planby No Nonsense Nutrition on November 23, 2020 at 8:43 pm
This week continues with Brizzle and Jonny going through Jonny's plan to get to Shredsville! What is his strategy, current intake and future plans to get diced... Enjoy!
- Ep.176 Football shirt, 6 figure sales and aggressive weight gainby No Nonsense Nutrition on November 16, 2020 at 10:31 am
The headline tells you all you need to know 😉 Another raw episode with Jonny and Brett Enjoy!
- Ep.175 Making Fitness your identityby No Nonsense Nutrition on November 9, 2020 at 12:00 am
This week Brizzle and Jonny talk about changing your identity, or perception of yourself when you're on a weight loss or fitness journey. Many rambles, non-PC quips and plenty of banter... Plus some value Enjoy
- Ep.174 LC vs HF and a Q&A
- Ep.173 A Break from trainingby No Nonsense Nutrition on October 19, 2020 at 5:04 pm
After a two week hiatus Jonny and Brett are back with another episode of the podcast! Brett has moved house and not trained for over two weeks... and Jonny is feeling doom about the impending lockdown in Wales They catch up about what to expect when you have taken a break, some weird weight loss that goes against the laws of thermodynamics, and talk about training principles that everyone should consider Enjoy!
- Ep.172 Are you on or off?by No Nonsense Nutrition on September 27, 2020 at 11:00 pm
This week Jonny takes over as host, to chat to Briz about on/off mentalities How this affects training, how it affects eating behaviours, and overall progress A few tangents but lots of value 😉 Enjoy
- Ep.171 Listener Q&Aby No Nonsense Nutrition on September 20, 2020 at 9:30 pm
This week Jonny and Brizzle go through some listener questions; Will you lose muscle dieting? How can you manage Calories to lose weight and build muscle? How many times should you train a muscle group? How to keep up motivation? Enjoy!
- Ep.170 Only people in fitness care...by No Nonsense Nutrition on September 12, 2020 at 11:00 pm
What else could we possibly talk about this week other than GymShark? Jonny and Brett talk about their u-turn to a more 'all-inclusive' brand (or not) Enjoy!
- Ep.169 Rapid Fat Loss with Gordon Greenhornby No Nonsense Nutrition on September 6, 2020 at 11:00 pm
This week Brizzle is joined by the man, the legend himself, Gordon Greenhorn They talk about the intricacies of rapid fat loss diets, how to set them up, potential negative effects, and things to consider They also find out what Gordon's favourite burger joint is and what food he would like to build a house from Enjoy!
- Ep.168 I hate to say this but...by No Nonsense Nutrition on September 1, 2020 at 8:34 pm
Sorry for the delay, scheduling issue meant we were a day late... But it was worth the wait! Jonny and Brett catch up about Brett's dieting success, and move onto the government strategy for tackling obesity to help the covid-19 response I hate to say this but... the science says different. Lots of rants and rambles, with a sprinkling of science We enjoyed recording this one, so enjoy!
- Ep.167 Our biggest regretsby No Nonsense Nutrition on August 23, 2020 at 11:00 pm
This week Jonny and Brett catch up about their biggest regrets.... In the gym and with their nutrition Brett talks about why he never got any of the unicorn newbie gainz, and Jonny touches on why even though he regrets it, training like a moron made him what he is today! 🙂 Hope it resonates with some people Enjoy!
- Ep.166 Why Intuitive Eating doesn't work...by No Nonsense Nutrition on August 17, 2020 at 7:04 am
This week Brett and Jonny welcome back Steve Kemp to the show Steve is a Certified Sports Nutritionist, formally a drummer for a well known band, and all round science geek helping transform their bodies and lives with nutrition He came on the show to talk about why intuitive eating might not help people wanting to lose weight, how HAES and IE movements may have gotten a little 'extreme', and much more great chat Enjoy!
- Ep.165 'Online Coaching' vs Coaching Onlineby No Nonsense Nutrition on August 9, 2020 at 11:00 pm
This week Brizzle Monster has his long time friend, and friend of the show, Mr MuscleFood himself Dan Mac Fitness join him to discuss the increase in online coaches due to lockdown He touches on his role within OFB, how he is helping coaches improve their practices with clients and focus on value and service One for other coaches, but enjoyable bants for all 😉
- Ep.164 Are supplements worth it for the gym?by No Nonsense Nutrition on August 3, 2020 at 7:13 am
This week Jonny and Brett had a chat about sports for cardio and supplements for hypertrophy and performance. They talk about why you might decide to do specific sports to help weight loss, from football to MMA. They also go through the types and ingredients of your peri-workout supplements, from pre, intra and post workout, which ones are worth investing in and which aren't Enjoy!
- Ep.163 Efrons, Efrons everywhereby No Nonsense Nutrition on July 26, 2020 at 11:00 pm
A bit of a ranty on this week, Brett and Jonny have a bit of a go at the fitness industry, the media, and basically everything... :-O An enjoyable one to record! Hopefully an enjoyable one to listen! If you're interested in coaching, or want any type of support email@example.com
- Ep.162 Now the gyms are re-opening...by No Nonsense Nutrition on July 21, 2020 at 7:34 am
It's been everything the fitness industry has been waiting for... finally some light at the end of the tunnel... No, not the end of Covid-19, but the gyms are reopening! Yay Jonny and Brett give you some tips about getting back into training, amongst other rambles Enjoy!
- Ep.161 Should you Keto or Plant Base your diet for weight lossby No Nonsense Nutrition on July 12, 2020 at 11:00 pm
This week friends of NNN, Ritchie and Rab, join coach Briz to discuss a pre-print study yet to be released by Kevin Hall et al looking at the energy consumption of a Plant Based High Carb diet vs an Animal Based High Fat diet We look at the weight loss results, changes in health markers, and how it might be applicable to you... Enjoy!
- Ep.160 Things on the internet this week...by No Nonsense Nutrition on July 6, 2020 at 6:25 am
000001BF 000001C0 00015492 00015492 0000FCF5 0000FCF5 00008811 00008E0B 00000139 00000949
- Ep.159 A solo episode about healthby No Nonsense Nutrition on June 29, 2020 at 6:26 am
An unusual episode feature just Briz, talking through the different aspect of 'What is Health'. Physical, emotional, psychological, social, intellectual and financial... These all make up our wellbeing. Health is more than being lean and jacked, which is often not even health. Short but hopefully thoughtful Enjoy!
- Ep.158 Weight Loss with Lou Brierleyby No Nonsense Nutrition on June 15, 2020 at 7:07 am
This week Brizzle hosted the other Briz.. Two gorgeous looking lads with long flowing hair and luscious beards 😉 A great chat about Lou's history of starting a business, owning a gym, dropping everything on whim in Bali (cliche), to getting himself and his clients back into shape Enjoy!
- Ep.157 Sleep restriction and weight loss gyms reopening and a Jonny resumes his dietby No Nonsense Nutrition on June 8, 2020 at 7:28 am
This week Brett and Jonny talk about Calorie Restriction and Sleep Restriction, and it's affects on wellbeing and body composition. We also touch on jonny's latest diet strategy, as well as a little about political current affairs (wouldn't be the same without it :-P) Enjoy!
- Ep.156 Rates of gainingby No Nonsense Nutrition on June 1, 2020 at 6:57 am
This week Brizzle and Ed discuss Brett's recent diet break, as well as a new training block - Priming! They discuss ideal rates of weight gain when massing, considerations for adjusting, as well as how you might measure any progress. Enjoy!
- Ep.155 Client coaching... What's in it?by No Nonsense Nutrition on May 25, 2020 at 9:00 am
This week Briz, Jonny and Ed talk about one of Jonny's clients, and how Jonny coached her through a muscle gaining period. We talked about her previous barriers, training and nutrition assessments and implementation, support Jonny gave her and much more... Enjoy!
- Ep.154 A thought experiment into weight loss with Richie Kirwanby No Nonsense Nutrition on May 18, 2020 at 4:00 am
This week one of our favourite people in the industry, and full stop, return for his second appearance to talk all about his upcoming experiment with weight loss Richie is about to embark on a weight loss journey, he joined us to talk about the methods he will be using to lose weight, and why he is choosing to use them There's plenty of great chat, hints, tips and even some recipes! Enjoy!
- Ep.153 Optimal training at home with Harry Smithby No Nonsense Nutrition on May 11, 2020 at 8:49 am
This week's episode features the handsome Harry Smith of Revive Stronger. We talked about PEDs in physique sports, why you do not need to fear Corona related atrophy :-P, how to make the most of your training at home during COVID-19, and we find out Harry's favourite protein bar... Enjoy!
- Ep.152 Moving to something more difficult to sayby No Nonsense Nutrition on May 4, 2020 at 8:53 am
This week Brett and Ed get together to talk about sustainable dieting, more qualitative measures, and less tracking based approaches. Lots of actual nutrition discussion on ways you can transition from a tracking method of nutrition such as MFP to something more like how you may choose to eat for the rest of your being... Enjoy!
- Ep.151 Clinical Nutrition with Dilan Durmazby No Nonsense Nutrition on April 27, 2020 at 7:01 am
This week Ed and Briz spoke to Dilan Durmaz, a clinical dietitian currently working on a neurology ward in London. We talked about what it is like to work in the NHS right now during a pandemic, what her job entails, feeding for those who can't feed themselves, and more! Enjoy!
- Ep.150 More than just Calories and Macros with our Charlotteby No Nonsense Nutrition on April 20, 2020 at 4:00 am
This week we had the super talented and enigmatic Charlotte Fisher! We covered what got her in the industry, how can someone use short term motivation to implement true behaviour change. What are are some non-tracking methods of dieting people can use if they do not want to calorie count, and how you could someone transition best from a diet to a more sustainable longer term maintenance period We also touch on compassionate nutrition... Enjoy
- Ep.149 Nutrition considerations for the elderlyby No Nonsense Nutrition on April 13, 2020 at 8:02 am
This week Brett and Ed talks about Nutritional considerations for the elderly... But don't wait until you or your loved ones are elderly before starting to worry about your health! They discussed; - Common age-related problems of sarcopenia, osteoporosis and age-induced weightloss - Nutritional implications - Practical application of nutritional support - Brett's new Easter Egg 😉 Enjoy!
- Ep.148 What is Health?by No Nonsense Nutrition on April 5, 2020 at 8:07 pm
This week Ed and Brizzle discuss the facets of health? There was also less 'chit chat' after a scathing 1 star review... 🙁 What is health? Baby don't hurt m... It's more than just physical! Listen to find out more Good product bad product is back for a cameo too! Enjoy
- Ep.147 Training in a Pandemicby No Nonsense Nutrition on March 30, 2020 at 7:59 am
This week Matt, Ed and Brizzle talk about how you can get the most out of training, and if you should even have a concern about not being able to.
- Ep.146 Social Distancing and Isolationby No Nonsense Nutrition on March 23, 2020 at 6:40 am
Guess who's back! This week Brizzle is joined by the return of one Matthew Morgan... They talk about the only thing they could, COVID-19 and enforced isolation, social distancing, and how this might affect mental health. They discuss personal anecdotes as to how people might be able to reduce some of the stress of socially isolating and improve their wellbeing. Enjoy!
- Ep.145 Thin Blurry Linesby No Nonsense Nutrition on March 16, 2020 at 4:00 am
Ed and Brizzle discuss thin blurry lines this week... Sounds like a Robin Thicke choon but no, alas they're talking about how healthy endeavors can soon become unhealthy... They go over the context and some examples of where this might happen. Enjoy!
- Ep.144 A Natural mistake to make...by No Nonsense Nutrition on March 9, 2020 at 4:00 am
This week Brett is joined by Ed AND Jonny, to talk about their holiday habits, Ed's new puppy, Jonny's extreme dieting, and they finally get round to chatting about the Natural mistake many make... An appeal to nature... Logical fallacy or just logical? Have a listen! Enjoy!
- Ep.143 Ultra Processing and a Smooth Transitionby No Nonsense Nutrition on March 2, 2020 at 5:00 am
Two friends of the NNN family join Brizzle for this week's episode... Rabin Das and Richie Kirwan aka two nights of the round table joined to chat about the role of ultra processing on food and consumption, as well as the role of being a 'leader' in the fitness industry It's a long one, but enjoyable!
- Ep.142 A very inflammatory episode!by No Nonsense Nutrition on February 24, 2020 at 5:00 am
An amazing episode this week FT Dr Jenna Macciochi (Mah Cho Chi) 😉 Jenna is an Immunologist, mum to twins, and soon to be author We spoke to her about all things inflammation, what it is, acute vs chronic, what we should be concerned with and how we can reduce inflammation if needed. We also talked about inflammation and training adaptations, plus the emergency questions failed once again 🙁 Follow Jenna IG - @Dr_Jenna_Macciochi or Twitter - @DrJMacc Her book can be bought - Here Enjoy!
- Ep.141 Supplements For Healthby No Nonsense Nutrition on February 16, 2020 at 9:49 pm
Two things I have to apologise for... 1) The frequency of the word 'obviously' throughout the recording, like I am the newest member of McFly 2) It's a bit of a long one But today Ed and Brett talked about supplementation for health What supps make the list, and by proxy which ones didn't... Enjoy!
- Ep.140 Nutrition for injuriesby No Nonsense Nutrition on February 9, 2020 at 10:00 pm
This week Brizzle and Edward chat about how your nutrition can affect your recovery from injury... They talk about Calorie needs, protein, supplements and other things you can do to help speed up the healing of your injuries! There's also the inevitable chat about Schofield and Brizzle's diet experience.... Enjoy!
- Ep.139 Mythical ideals and ghostly visitorsby No Nonsense Nutrition on February 3, 2020 at 5:00 am
This week talk about myths that still exist in the industry, or outside industry. There's also talk of christenings, ghosts, and drinking 14million litres of diet pop... Enjoy
- EP.138 Try the Bacon or the Eggs?by No Nonsense Nutrition on January 26, 2020 at 10:23 pm
This week Brett and Ed chat about all things diet fads Bacon patches, Yoni eggs, Lollipops, skinny coffee and raw water (?) all made the list... Make sure you listen to the end to find out which works for weight loss and which, do not... Oh and there's some more emergency questions! Bum drums or sand hands anyone?
- Ep.137 Not Everyone Likes Boxesby No Nonsense Nutrition on January 20, 2020 at 5:00 am
This week we have the one and only Bikini girl herself Dr Emilia Thompson... We talked about her 'centrist' approach to clients, we touch on the difference between Intuitive Eating, MIndfulness and HAES, as well as how these might be married together to create new age coaching. We also discuss self-love and self-care... And Brett tries out his new questions again with 'indifferent results'. Enjoy
- Ep.136 GOALS GOALS GOALSby No Nonsense Nutrition on January 13, 2020 at 2:00 pm
This week Brett and Ed talk about their goals for the year... Seemed relevant for the time of year? They talk about what big and little goals they have set How they're going to achieve them Plus there's some interesting questions from Brizzle's new book 😉
- Ep.135 Why the Weight Gain?by No Nonsense Nutrition on January 6, 2020 at 10:00 am
This week Brett and Jonny chat about Brett's recent 'experiment'. It's not Intuitive Eating but there are no 'food rules' It's complete permission to eat but there should also be education and mindfulness Or is it just an excuse to get fat, justification for gluttony? There's also chat about football, kids and Christmas... Grab a brew and a pack of biscuits, it's a long one! Enjoy!
- Ep.134 Staying the course in the New Yearby No Nonsense Nutrition on December 30, 2019 at 5:00 am
Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year! This week Brett and Edward are on the show to talk to you about New Year's resolutions, why going "all in" might not work for you, and what you might want to consider instead if you're looking for a "new you" in January. Enjoy!
- Ep.133 Surviving Xmas (again)by No Nonsense Nutrition on December 23, 2019 at 8:45 am
This week Jonny and Brizzle get together to chat about surviving the war that is Christmas It's less about HOW and more about whether you NEED to... There's plenty of chat at the start about the parallels of Nutrition to Politics, media bias, fake vegans and Cyonara 'celebrity' scumbags 😉 So if you don't want to hear it skip to about 25 mins 😀 Merry Christmas and a happy new year from the guys at NNN x And Summer 🙂
- Ep.132 - Social Media and Influencers with Tony Cottendenby No Nonsense Nutrition on December 16, 2019 at 5:00 am
This week Brett and Ed catch up with the former troll and Shym owner (Shed Gym) Tony Cottenden They chat about social media "influencers" and what they might do to influence your buying habits. How they might affect your mental wellbeing and your self-confidence This was a bit of a Lads Lads Lads episode but don't let that put you off! Enjoy! Find Tony at @TopConditionPT
- Ep.131 Extremes of Anti-Diet Movements and Diet Culture with Astrid Naranjoby No Nonsense Nutrition on December 9, 2019 at 8:01 am
This week Brett speaks to Astrid Naranjo, or you may know her as @antidiet_dietitian They spoke about; What Health At Every Size REALLY means, and how this intertwines with Intuitive Eating Astrid's personal approach, including her resistance from others on intentional weight-loss as a goal Self love and physical health This was an amazing chat, so enjoy!
- Ep.130 Health At Every Ageby No Nonsense Nutrition on December 2, 2019 at 9:48 am
This week Brett and Ed get together to run through what they learned attending the Health At Every Age clinical conference put on by MacNutrition last weekend! They discussed Fussy Eating vs ARFID (Avoidant/Restrictive Food Intake Disorder) in adolescents, Cutting Edge Nutrition for Ageing Population, Dieting Language and Socially Acceptable Restriction in Children, as well has nutrition for Peri-Menopausal Women There might also be something on politics 🙂
- Ep.129 Another one on Fasting...by No Nonsense Nutrition on November 25, 2019 at 9:33 am
Co-host Edward Shredded Whittaker is back with Host Brett to talk about Fasting again... They talk about the different types of IF, Time Restricted Feeding, what are the benefits for weight loss, is there any evidence for better health, as well as how you might implement it Good Product Bad Product return again Enjoy!
- Ep.128 Building Your Training Programby No Nonsense Nutrition on November 18, 2019 at 5:00 am
This week Brett and Jonny talk through how they might program for someone wanting to build muscle. From how often to train, to what type of training, and some of the evidence of set and rep schemes, as well as some guidance on exercise selection and more! It's a long one (that's what she said) but it's worth it... Enjoy!
- Ep.127 Nutrition Considerations for Building Muscleby No Nonsense Nutrition on November 11, 2019 at 8:59 am
This week Fran is back on the show, to talk all things about building muscle (she is the most jacked of the coaches tbf). From training considerations, when it might be a good idea to start 'massing' or 'bulking', to how many Calories should you eat and the amount of protein you need, as well as much more! Enjoy!
- Ep.126 Global Guidelines and Obesityby No Nonsense Nutrition on November 3, 2019 at 4:00 am
This week Brett is joined by Special temporary guest co-host, and friend of the family Dan Mac Fitness Smith Lots of chat, tangents, and some talk about the obesity epidemic, and some thoughts about how the government might act to tackle it. Enjoy!
- Ep.125 Vegan diets - Changing the game?by No Nonsense Nutrition on October 28, 2019 at 4:00 am
This week Brett and Jonny have on PT and MNU certified Nutritionist Luke Hanna to talk about the new Netflix Documentary "The Game Changers". Luke talks about his experience of watching the show regarding plant based diets, uncovers some of the evidence they reference to back up the claims made, as well as discusses some of the evidence NOT included by the producers. Find luke on socials - @lukehanna_pt
- Ep.124 Fasting for Health and Body Compositionby No Nonsense Nutrition on October 21, 2019 at 11:33 am
This week it's Jonny and Brett, talking about intermittent fasting and time restricted feeding! Skip the first 10 minutes if you're not interested in football, as Jonny and Brett's teams played each other so there's some discussion about the game 😉 They talked about the differences between IF and TRF, what evidence is there for improved health outcomes using them, and is there any evidence for improved body composition or muscle gain using TRF methods in trained lifters 2 good products this week!
- Ep.123 An Optimal Diet For Health?by No Nonsense Nutrition on October 14, 2019 at 4:00 am
This week we had a bit of a glitch... Some might say you're lucky, basically because our recording didn't pick up Brizzle's audio for the first 20 minutes, so you missed his rambles regarding his holiday weight gain, hashtag extreme sun lounging, and Ed being sought after by the police... Instead, it's almost straight into this weeks episode! Enjoy!
- Ep.122 Over-coming Training Plateusby No Nonsense Nutrition on October 7, 2019 at 9:06 pm
This week Ed and Jonny overcome Brett absence by talking overcoming training plateaus. They go into what different types of plateaus might look like. They then discuss at length how to overcome them in many different ways with loads of take home tips that you can utilise to keep your progress moving.
- Ep.121 General Health vs Performanceby No Nonsense Nutrition on September 30, 2019 at 11:32 am
Sorry, it was late and the brain neurons might not have been firing too well 😀 This week Ed, Briz and Jonny chat about the difference between general health and weight loss vs performance or physique goals This was after a pretty offensive start *insert rollie eyes* No GPBP this week but will return next! Enjoy
- Ep.120 Fat Shame or Not To Fat Shameby No Nonsense Nutrition on September 22, 2019 at 8:56 pm
This week Brizzle and Ed follow the flock and give their views on the fat shaming incident on GMB this week Brett gives his play by play of his Sunday for those super interested too, as well as good product bad product.... Enjoy!
- Ep.119 Programming, Training to failure and Reps that matter with Steve Hallby No Nonsense Nutrition on September 16, 2019 at 3:41 pm
This week, Brett and Jonny host friend of the show, Steve Hall of founder of Revive Stronger. Plenty of training talk including the use of PED's in sports, what does progression look like, how can you 'overload' your training, should you train to failure, as well touching on the 'effective reps' concept and its applicability. This was a great chat, if you want more from Steve you can find him at; @Revivestronger on socials https://revivestronger.com/product/intensity-is-everything/ for information on the up coming seminar with Cliff Wilson
- Ep.118 Call out Cultureby No Nonsense Nutrition on September 9, 2019 at 2:23 pm
This week Ed and Brett return to talk about call out culture on social media and whether you should correct people's form in the gym. They also get into another debate on the anti-diet movement (well Brett goes off on one) "Good product, bad product' continues again with a doozy... Enjoy
- Ep.117 Tracking your macrosby No Nonsense Nutrition on September 2, 2019 at 8:23 am
This week it's just Jonny and Brett. They talked about exercise selection for hypertrophy, training levels and a lot of other tangents They also talk about food selection based on Macros, whether it's a positive or negative behaviour. There's also more 'good product, bad product'.... of course 😉 Enjoy!
- Ep.116 The Anti Anti-Diet?by No Nonsense Nutrition on August 26, 2019 at 8:12 am
This week Ed, Jonny ane Brett talk about the growing movement in Anti-Diet culture They discuss whether weight loss is a good motive, whether behaviour change is better, or whether the Anti-Diet culture is just another fad that people are taking advantage of... Jonny also brings a product out of the vault for 'Good product, Bad product'
- Ep.115 Mistakes you've definitely made when it comes to liftingby No Nonsense Nutrition on August 19, 2019 at 4:00 am
This week continues from last week where Brett and Ed chat about the top 5 mistakes newbies make when they first start in the gym... From using too light weights, to using too much! Winging it in the gym or using the most recent Men's Health arm blaster, they chat all things training Also two more 'good product, bad product' reviews
- Ep.114 Common mistakes you will have made when starting a dietby No Nonsense Nutrition on August 12, 2019 at 4:00 am
Jonny, Ed and Brizzle get together again for more rambles, profanities and shit stories, literally 😉 This week they chat about the common mistakes people make when they first start a diet, and we guarantee you will have made some of them! We also find out which products you will have to go out and buy immediately in the feature 'good product, bad product' Also it's the last week to be able to sign up to the latest Project Photoshoot, if you're interested you can find out more here https://nnncoaching.com/photoshoot-signup/ Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- EP.113 Oh that burnsby No Nonsense Nutrition on August 5, 2019 at 4:00 am
This week it's the Bronny show! Jonny and Brizzle talk about focusing on yourself, the process and are you accepting that you don't work hard enough? Plenty of infotainment and rants about RPE! Enjoy
- Ep.112 Pareto what now?by No Nonsense Nutrition on July 29, 2019 at 8:42 am
This week, the usual suspects are back to talk about things in the fitness industry you can probably not take much notice of... Jonny, Brett and Ed discuss (rant obvs) a conversation inspired by Brett and Dan Mac Fitness about feeling like a fraud in the industry when you're not selling that 'one magic trick' or that 'fat burning jacked plan' There's also two more features for the 'Good Product, Bad Product' segment 😉
- Ep.111 Listener Q&Aby No Nonsense Nutrition on July 22, 2019 at 4:00 am
This week we have Paul, Ed and Brett to tackle some listener/client questions Get yours in at email@example.com or message on FB or IG @nononsensenutrition We had questions about intuitive eating, bodyfat scales, deloads, strength vs hypertrophy, and dieting for holidays Enjoy!
- Ep.110 Set Points and Starvation Modesby No Nonsense Nutrition on July 15, 2019 at 4:00 am
This week we had coaches Jonny, Fran and Break to talk about Set points, Settling Points, and why our bodies defend against body fat loss Brett's new feature also continues with two more products! Enjoy
- Ep.109 The forgotten phase....?by No Nonsense Nutrition on July 8, 2019 at 4:00 am
This week the Bred show returns! To talk about the forgotten phase... Maintenance! Most people have lots of success with dieting, and often too much success with weight gain... doh! But what about learning to eat and maintain their weight? Coaches Brett and Ed go deep on their feelings of this magically phase, plus Brett gives his success and failure of the week which you will want to stay tuned to the end for! Enjoy!
- Ep.108 Is there really a war against red meat?by No Nonsense Nutrition on July 1, 2019 at 4:00 am
This week, Brett, Jonny and Paul talk about the war on red meat... Or processed meat... or not really a war at all, but some of the research based on colorectal cancer risks Is your bacon sarnie a risk to your digestive health? Should you swap that fillet steak for a chicken breast? They also discuss absolute vs relative risk, and much more. Enjoy!
- Ep.107 Ethical Messaging and Transparency with Tanya Filerby No Nonsense Nutrition on June 23, 2019 at 4:00 am
This week we had the tiny tornado herself, Tanya Filer, to talk about her role as an Online Marketing Specialist and coach Tanya talks about the importance of ethical behaviour when marketing to your audience, how social media isn't always as transparent as you think, and she also talks about how aligning your messaging is very important if you use SM to market to potential clients Tanya is always great fun, and this episode was no different! Enjoy!
- Ep.106 Mental Health in the Fitness Industry with Lou Bangby No Nonsense Nutrition on June 17, 2019 at 4:00 am
This week, we have another amazing guest in Louise Bang! Lou is an MNU certified Nutritionist, from Denmark but living in the UK. We spoke about her recent experience with diagnosed anxiety, how it affected her and how it relates to many in the industry. We discussed how the fitness industry can put pressure on people, worsen mental health, how you might support yourself in issues surrounding anxiety and mental health. We also find out what your typical Dane thinks about bacon 😉 Enjoy!
- Ep.105 The Nutrient Density Diet?by No Nonsense Nutrition on June 9, 2019 at 4:00 am
This week we had the pleasure of another Irish stud, Rabin (Ra-been) Das We talked about nutrient density and hunger perception, why this might help you lose weight, plus we find out what food Rab would build his house from... Oh and that question 😉
- Ep.104 Why Nutrition is a 'hard sell'by No Nonsense Nutrition on June 3, 2019 at 4:00 am
This week it's just coaches Paulo and Brizzle They talk about EatLean (again), Amsterdam, and why Nutrition services might be a 'hard sell' Enjoy
- Ep.103 Listener Q&Aby No Nonsense Nutrition on May 27, 2019 at 4:00 am
This week was a 'quick' fire Q&A We covered; Drinking Super Greens ...Will that help with your Macros? Or is it a selling fad? Thoughts on MCT oil? What we think about people on Steroids products! Why is setting a protein target important? How much protein should woman consume? Advice on how to eat more while losing weight. Best way to drop fat in 3 weeks Got a question? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ep.102 Ageing, Muscle Loss and Heart Healthby No Nonsense Nutrition on May 19, 2019 at 8:39 pm
This week Brett and Ed got to talk to @be_more_nutrition not once but twice! The recording eff’d up right at the end so we did a redo 🤣🤦🏻♂️ We talked to Richie about his recent PHD research into ageing and heart health We talk about the symptoms and risk factors of Sarcopenic Obesity, potential treatment being researched by Richie and his team, and we find out what Richie would prefer 🍑or🐴 Have to listen find out 🤣🙈
- Ep.101 BEDs with Joe O'Brienby No Nonsense Nutrition on May 13, 2019 at 4:00 am
To kick start season 4 we have a special guest! Joe O'Brien works on the mental health and wellness teams for Spectrum.Life He is the owner of @headfirst0 on instagram, and The Head First podcast covering content on the subject of mental health He is a graduate of the MSc Health Psychology programme from the University of Bath, and a BSc Psychology graduate from Dublin City University Ed and Brett wanted to talk to Joe about Binge Eating Disorders, what it is, the symptoms, risk factors, and how you might look for help and support if you suffer. This was a fantastic episode, make sure you check out Joe's content on IG and his podcast. Enjoy!
- Ep.100 The NNNeys special!by No Nonsense Nutrition on May 7, 2019 at 4:00 am
We've reached 100 episodes! A big thank you to all who have stuck with us... This week we wanted it to be a bit fun, so we've given out some virtual awards; Most popular/active/helpful group member Best client transformation Best psychological transformation Best protein bar Best cereal Best diet food/hack Best exercise Best cheat day Best podcast joke/innuendo Best guest One we enjoyed doing a lot! P.S. Oats are not a cereal
- Ep.99 Are you even High Protein though?by No Nonsense Nutrition on April 29, 2019 at 4:00 am
This week Coaches Ed and Brizzle talk about market regulation on food claims... High Protein Low Fat No Added Sugar Zero Calorie Want to know what we think, then listen on! Enjoy!